Monday, November 23, 2015

Curl Diaries and More

Just a quick update...

Getting used to the Curly Girl method.  I'm still not very happy with the length of my hair, but hopefully I will be a little more happy with it in a month or so when I get some length back in it.  As far as my curls go, I really like the way they look now and how healthy my hair feels.  Still having a bit of a challenge with getting my bangs straightened while keeping the rest of my hair curly, but I am getting a little better at it.

I'm still doing the same routine that I listed in the previous blog, but instead of the Knot Today leave-in, I have switched to the SheaMoisture Yucca & Plantain Anti-Breakage Strengthening Styling Milk as my leave-in.  It used to be the SheaMoisture Thickening Growth Milk, but they seemed to have discontinued this and replaced it with the one in the link.  It is a little heavier than the Knot Today leave-in, so I like it since it's winter and my hair needs more moisture.  It doesn't weigh my hair down, but my hair feels a little softer and more moisturized.  I will probably switch back to the Knot Today leave-in when spring comes back since it's a little lighter, but we'll see.  I've been wanting to try the Ouidad Texture Taffy, but haven't wanted to shell out the $$ to do so.  Hopefully I will grab it soon and let you guys know what I think.  The biggest thing I am getting used to is having to use soooooooo much gel in my hair.  I really can tell that it helps defining the curls and controlling the frizz, so it's a must.  And after I crunch it all out, my hair is really soft and not frizzy at all, so I know it's doing the job.

Also, I am not using the Argon oil anymore before I "pineapple" my hair for the night.  It simply makes my hair too greasy the next day.  No bueno for 2nd day hair for me.  Everyone's different, so it probably works great on some people.

Here are some photos of my hair today.



Lastly, I am now 4 yoga classes into my 30 by 40 challenge.  I'm aiming for 3 classes per week.  I hope to be able to bump up to 4 classes per week in the next few weeks or month or so. I'm taking a light beginners class on Saturday that lasts for 6 more weeks and during the week I am taking a Vinyasa class and a Dharma class.  So far, the Dharma is the one that kicks my ass the most as far as workout is concerned.

I love yoga and I'm sooooooooooo happy I am getting back into it.  My body is thanking me already.

Ciao for now!

No comments: