Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Yogi Mandolinist

2 posts in one day!  Look out, I'm on a roll.

So in addition to the new hair change, I've also made some goals for myself.  Somewhat New Years resolutions a little early.

I think me turning 40 in 3 1/2 months is triggering a change in me.

I signed up for an 8 week beginners yoga series.  It starts this Saturday and I couldn't be more excited.  I have taken a lot of yoga classes over the years and got really into it several times, but for some reason never really stuck with it.  I aspire to be a yogi.  I want to eventually maybe become a yoga teacher.  I want to be flexible and fit and healthy.  I want to be able to master those crazy poses that look impossible to hold.

My goal is to have taken 30 yoga classes by my 40th birthday on 2/26.  Estimated at 2 per week, I should be able to get there and it's a fairly realistic goal.



Secondly, I want to start taking mandolin lessons.  It was either that or the banjo, but I chose the mandolin because it's different and I want a challenge.  I am going to try and make the lessons and purchasing a mandolin a Christmas present to myself, so I don't have too much longer to do so.






No comments: