Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day - History Is Being Made



i am so overly excited today i can hardly stand it! i spent yesterday being pretty lazy on my day off for MLK jr. day. i watched the history channel most of the day with specials on dr. king. i learned a lot and it was so moving. and here, a day later after celebrating MLK's life and accomplishments, we swear in our first african-american president. change is coming my friends. FINALLY. i really can not express into words the emotions i am feeling right now.
(my only complaint is that former president dipwad is LITERALLY moving down the street from me. only a few miles away. ugh. great.)


"I stand here today as hopeful as ever that the United States of America will endure, that it will prevail, that the dream of our founders will live on in our time."
~ Barack Obama

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I came here from Brandi's blog and just want to say "Yahoo" for the U.S.
The Bush Nazi regime is finally over and I'm proud and hopeful to be your Canadian neighbour.

Cool blog - I'll be back!