Tuesday, February 03, 2009

February


february is a special month for me. mainly because it's the month that holds my date of birth. hehe.

i made 3 new years resolutions this year.

1. quit smoking by 2/27 (day after my birthday)
2. get in shape for my health and for my well being
3. ~ namaste ~ (refer to previous post)

february is here. i have 24 days left of smoking cigarettes. i'm not going to ween myself off or use a nicotine substance to try and take steps down. i'm quitting cold turkey. keep in mind i don't smoke THAT much. on the weekends, i admit, i do smoke about 1/2 a pack a day. during the week, i don't smoke at all until i get home from work, then it's only 1 or 2 for the night. i know i have the strength to do it and i'm going to be ready. i am going to use these last 24 days to realize that this is a beautiful thing for my body and my spirit and also enjoy and relish in the last few days of the joy in smoking. because yes, there is some sort of joy in smoking. smokers will know this. non-smokers of course will not. it's going to be a little tough, but i have faith in myself and i know i can do this. i will keep you posted on my progress.

i have started on my healthier lifestyle as of today (and no, i'm not ever saying the word diet). i have quite a bit of weight i would like to lose and tone to build, so i'm allowing myself to the end of the year to reach my goal. i'm going to do this slowly and correctly. it might come faster - (hopefully), but i'm not going to rush myself and i'm not going to overwhelm myself. i will not completely deprive myself and i will allow myself treats and cheats. but overall, i'm starting on a plan or guideline if you will.

outdoor soccer is starting again at the end of this month with practice starting this weekend, so i'm gearing up for that.

2009 is going to be a great year for me. the BEST year of my life. i can feel it. i have found a new inner strength, desire and positivity. and i'm going to make it that way...with mother/father god's presence in my life, i've stepped into the divine flow. and it feels extraordinary.

-----

ooooh, also i forgot. my birthday present to myself this year is going to be a new tattoo! :) what i want is still in the works, but i have it narrowed down. i will post pics when i get it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

laura, i think you are going to have a great year. you sound very motivated and inspired. i'm looking forward to hearing about your progress. here's to a fabulous 2009!

Confessions of a Wandering Soul said...

Happy February Birthday to a new soul :).Hope you are healing better now!